Wednesday 5 October 2011

DESIGN CAREER + EXHIBITION PHOTOS









Product Sketching 




I absolutley loved the lace exhibition. It really inspired me. I loved Rina and Kellys work too! 

My Design Career

At a young age I always loved colours and painting and making patterns. In high school I continued on with this with photography and design, however I discovered that design was alot harder than Id expected. I didn't like how how I had to physicaly make things and how everything had to be so neatly cut and placed (ie with structural models). Maybe it was just that project but that persuaded me to change subjects to commerce, and from then on I continued to stufy maths, economics and the sciences. My first year at university was Medical Science at Sydney, but once I did that for a year I saw that it was not want I wanted to do for a living. 

Throughout that year I always loved the practicals I had to do that involved creativity and problem solving, it made me think back to when I used to do design. I spoke to a few people who did design at uni already and it sounded like something I would enjoy. 

I am enjoying this course, however I am still not sure if it the right design course for me. So far I have enjoyed all projects that have not involved wood work or using autocad. I love being creative in sketching, patterns and colours. I think maybe I will transfer into a more versatile design degree, not just product design. I would love to design house exteriors, fabrics, lights, and play with the personalities you can make these things into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment